|START DATE||TARGET RACE||STORE||REGISTER|
|March 7, 2017||Branford Road Race (5 mi)||Old Saybrook||CLICK HERE!|
|March 9, 2017||Branford Road Race (5 mi)||Branford||CLICK HERE!|
|April||Fairfield Road Race (3.1 mi)||Fairfield||COMING SOON!|
If you've ever dreamed of running, this is the program that will start you on the path to becoming a runner. Once you complete this program you will be able to run/walk a 5K or 5 mile road race.
WHO SHOULD JOIN:
- If you are a walker who can walk briskly for at least one hour.
- If you are just starting to run and want to learn how to do it properly.
- If you've been running on the treadmill and want to take it to the road.
- If you want to run again after an extended time-off.
The RUNSTART program was created to assist individuals that are interested in beginning a running program that places a high value on a strong foundation. sound RUNNER will provide the group with a training program/schedule that will build up to the 5K or 5 mile distance. The running coaches at sound RUNNER are individuals that have been running for years and have had the same issues that everyone does; balancing life, family, work, and time to take care of yourself.
The coached group runs take place in and around each sound RUNNER location. We provide opportunities to do some off road running, learn running etiquette, explain running terms and educate on injury prevention.
The training schedule is a comprehensive, customized daily training schedule that is designed and distributed on a weekly basis. Emails are sent with training advice on many topics including nutrition, injury prevention and more.
Individual Goals: There will be individual conversations about your training schedules. Remember, there are as many training schedules as there are individuals. The outline of our program is somewhat generic and works for most people.
During this program we will provide you with all the assistance we can to help you reach your goal THROUGH:
- Shoe-fitting clinics
- Proper apparel and accessories
- Running and race etiquette
- Guest runners-Runners who started where you are now. They can tell you their stories, about how they “never” thought they could accomplish their running goals.
- Ongoing email, person-to-person support with answers to all your questions.
- Team technical shirts and discounts